How to Create a Profitable Clothing Collection!
You might be surprised how many clothes your kids outgrow in a short period of time.
It’s worthwhile putting some thought into what you plan to do with these items once they are no longer needed.
Selling your kids outgrown or unused clothes is a great way to earn some extra cash, plus make up some of the money spent on those adorable little outfits!
To successfully sell online, it is important to know that not all clothes are created equal. Some clothes will fetch a higher price when it comes time to sell.
It can be tempting to purchase affordable and accessible fast fashion items, but it’s worth reflecting on the overall cost, to you and to the planet.
Better quality clothing may be more of an upfront cost, however, it will give you a return long after its fast fashion counterpart has fallen to rags. Quality clothing is also likely to have been made using fair and sustainable practices.
These are all very important factors when considering what to buy on your next shopping trip. By making smart clothing choices you can do your bit for a better, healthier world and get money back when you’re done.
Here’s some tips to help you know what items are worth your investment, and how to keep them looking good so they will earn top dollar when you sell:
1. Buy better quality clothes
Making the right choices when buying your clothes will help you to make more money later on.
- Better quality clothing may cost more upfront, but will last longer and give you a return when you no longer need the item.
- It’s OK if you can’t afford to purchase these upfront. There are plenty of near new pre-loved items for sale! Better quality clothes are made to last and can be resold many times for a good profit.
- Jumping Jack recommends keeping it local with Australian-made goods. There are some fantastic brands that make great quality and durable clothing that you can choose from.
- Look for sustainable clothing brands that use quality materials and ethical production practices. These items hold greater value and will last much longer than their fast fashion counterparts. They are also sure to be snapped up very quickly from buyers!
- Better quality clothes last. This is a great selling point for second-hand buyers as these products will remain in great condition and can be resold again.
2. Know what clothes will sell
Knowing what types of clothes are likely to sell helps to make smart choices when purchasing your items.
Follow these tips when updating your clothing collections:
- Sought-after items, particularly for babies and younger children are usually made of natural fabrics like wool, cotton and linen.
- Know the popular brands for the age and category. Well-known brands and unisex pieces that customers can get a lot of use out of are likely to set higher prices when it comes to sale time.
- In the second-hand market, unique items are also hugely sought after. Brands that were popular 5-10 years ago or that are no longer in production can be hard to find and can sell for higher than average prices.
- On-trend garments from 6-12 months ago that buyers may have missed or wish to purchase in a larger size can be equally popular.
3. Take care of your clothes
Taking good care of your clothes will enable you to extend the life of your items and sell them for a higher price.
Follow these tips on how to care for your clothes to keep them looking great:
- Wash your clothes in cold water and use a mild detergent to keep your clothing looking great.
- Opt to air dry rather than use the dryer to help your clothes last longer. The heat of dryer shrinks fabric, and can deteriorate the fibres over time.
- Set-in stains can ruin clothes so it’s also worth treating any stains that might occur immediately.
Buying quality clothes that will look great on your kids and live on to dress their peers is a great way to shop, especially when you can fetch a high price at sale time.
It’s free to list as many items as you want on Jumping Jack. You also have the option to sell your clothes for a cause through donating your sales to a charity partner.
Knowing what clothes will sell is a great way to put some cash back into your pockets!
It’s also great to know that by selling your items to other families, you are prolonging the life of your clothes and doing your bit for the environment.
There is no denying that better quality clothing is a wise investment, not only for a high sales return, but for a better, healthier world and a happy future for your children.
Happy selling/ shopping!